This simply delicious chili recipe is the best, and it makes a large portion so we have it to eat leftover throughout the week. It prevents me from scrambling at mealtimes – and it saves us money, too.
This chili recipe is based on one I found in my Just Peachey cookbook with a few changes I incorporated to make it perfect for our family.
Simply Delicious Chili Recipe Ingredients:
– 46 ounces tomato juice
– 1 pound of fresh ground beef
– 1 can hot chili beans
– 1 can mild chili beans
– 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
– 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
– 1 packet chili seasoning
– 1 cup water
– 1/2 cup of white onions, chopped
– 2 teaspoons chili powder
|Browning beef in skillet.|
- Pour tomato juice into a large pot. Add both cans of beans and both cans of diced tomatoes to the tomato juice. Place on low heat and stir to blend.
- Brown beef in a skillet and add onions. When cooked, drain grease. Pour beef and onion mixture back into skillet and add one cup of water and chili seasoning packet. Mix.
- Add chili powder to beef mixture. Mix all ingredients thoroughly and add to cooking pot of tomato juice mixture and stir well.
- Increase heat just until mixture boils, then turn to low, then serve.
Cooking away in the stock pot.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream and crackers.
I have tried a lot of chili recipes, and this is the best one I have ever made and is definitely in the regular lineup of meals served in our home. I hope you enjoy it! Serve up some banana chocolate chip muffins for dessert and you have the perfect meal.
Let’s connect on social media, too: