Many of us are on the lookout for new recipes. If you like spinach, you will love this chicken and spinach bake that’s simple to make. Not only is it easy; it’s loaded with Vitamin A. Cooked spinach is very good for you!
|Chicken and spinach bake, ready to be served.|
- 1 lb. chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use reduced fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (reserve 1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (reserve 1/4 cup)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 10-inch baking pan. Mix spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, pepper, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Place about 2/3 of mixture in the bottom of the pan. Lay chicken across the top of the mixture. Spread remaining mixture on top of chicken. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes. Top with reserved shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and bake for 5 more minutes.
I serve this with mashed potatoes and they complement one another well. Cooked spinach is one of many great foods for toddlers, too. This is a meal that’s good every season of the year. Enjoy!
While you are here, you may enjoy the following posts:
Pulled Pork and Slaw Sandwiches
Tags: chicken casserole